- UCSC Home Page
- The Arts
Minor in Music
The undergraduate minor program in Western Art Music offers a course of study leading to the minor in music. The goal of this program is to provide a focus for music activities, as well as a background in music theory, history, and performance. A student may obtain a minor in music by completion of the following courses:
· Music 11A Classical Music from the Middle Ages to the Present. (Formerly Introduction to Western Art Music.), or Music 11D Introduction to World Musics
· Music 30A, 30B and 30C, Theory, Literature, and Musicianship
· 6 quarters of upper division ensembles.
· 6 quarters of Instrumental/Voice Lessons. (6 Lower Division credits, plus 9 Upper Division credits).
· One course from the following list:
Music 101A, 101B, 101C, History of Western Art Music
Music 180A, Music 180B, Music 180C, Music 180D, Studies in World Musics