Your dissertation must be prepared exactly according to the “Dissertation and Thesis Preparation Guidelines” at http://graddiv.ucsc.edu/current-students/applications-forms/index.html#six in order to accepted for upload to the online ProQuest dissertation database. Materials in other formats, such as audio or video recordings of the qualifying recital or performance of the dissertation composition, can be submitted along with the dissertation.
Dissertation completion checklist:
- At the beginning of the quarter you plan to submit your dissertation, you must submit an "Application for the Doctor of Philosophy Degree" (available at the Graduate Division forms page) by the deadline listed on the Academic and Administrative Calendar.
- Enroll in Music 299, Thesis Research, under your dissertation adviser. The student and dissertation adviser should meet regularly and continue to confer on a routine basis throughout work on the dissertation project.
- If you wish to complete your dissertation in a language other than English, you must also submit a "Petition for Submittal of the Dissertation in a Foreign Language" (available in the department office), signed by the three thesis readers.
- Upload your thesis to the ProQuest database as outlined above, and submit a copy of the title page, with original signatures of the committee, to Graduate Division.
- Submit one bound copy of the dissertation to the Music Department Office. This copy can be on any type of paper, and with any type of binding.