- UCSC Home Page
- The Arts
Winter 2017 APPLICATION NOW OPEN. http://goo.gl/forms/d1rkFZVqey*
*You must be logged into your UCSC email through Gmail in order to access the form. Go to the regular Gmail log-in. Enter your full UCSC email address (email@example.com) in the user name field, then enter your Blue password. From there, you can click on the link and have access.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: DECEMBER 2, 2016.
The electronic music minor focuses on the study of creating music with the tools of modern technology. It is designed to complement the music major or programs in other media by providing instruction in advanced skills of audio production, sound synthesis, and computer-assisted composition. For more information about the Electronic Music Program, please see: http://arts.ucsc.edu/ems/
APPLICATION TO THE ELECTRONIC MINOR PROGRAM:
The required courses needed for the Minor are:
1. Music 11 (may be satisfied by any of the courses in the Music 11 series)
2. Music 15 (may be satisfied by placing into Music 30 through the Music Core Curriculum Placement Examination)
3. Music 80C, 123, 124, 125, and 167 (Two quarters of 167 required)
4. Music 80L or 80R - or a similar music course with a technical focus as approved by the department; or Film 171A - Special Topics Workshop - Sound or Theater Arts 114 - Design Studio: Sound
5. An introductory computer programming course such as Computer Scienc 5C- Intro to Programming in C, 5J-Intro to Programming in Java, or 5P- Intro to Programming in Phython; or Electrical Engineering 70 - Intro to Electronic Circuits, 153- Digital Signal Processing, or 171 Analog Electronics
Note: This minor can be taken in conjunction with the music major. However, the upper-division courses you apply to the requirements of your minor cannot usually be applied to your major.
|Electronic Music Minor Requirements (Click to Download)||168.51 KB|