Music and dance of North India, Improvisation, Experimentalism, American Popular Music
"Alan Watts, Ali Akbar Khan, and Hindustani Music in the Psychedelic Sixties." In The Relevance of Alan Watts in Contemporary Culture: Understanding Contributions and Controversies. (Publication forthcoming from Routledge Press)
- “Experimentalism, Ethnomusicology, and the Emerging South Asian Diaspora: An Exploration of Early-Twentieth-Century Musical Encounters in the United States.” Presentation forthcoming for the 64th Annual Meeting of the Society for Ethnomusicology, November 7-10 2019 at Indiana University.
- “Music of the World’s Peoples: Henry Cowell’s Innovative Curricula of the 1930s.” Paper delivered April 2019 at the City University of New York’s Graduate Students in Music Conference. Presentation funded by the UCSC Arts Dean’s Fund for Excellence.
- “Hindustani Music, the 1960s, and the American Imagination.” Paper delivered February 2018 at the annual meeting of the Northern California Chapter of the Society for Ethnomusicology, University of California, Davis.
- "Cultural Intersections through Raga: North Indian Classical Music and Academic Community Building." Paper delivered April 2017 at the Center for South Asian Studies 34th Annual Symposium, University of Hawai'i, Manoa
- 2020-2021 Fulbright Nehru Grant Recipient
- 2020 Foreign Language and Area Studies Summer Language Fellowship, Univerisity of Wisconsin-Madision
- 2019-2020 New York Public Library Short Term Research Fellowship
- 2019 UC Santa Cruz Arts Dean’s Fund for Excellence Award Recipient
- 2018 GSA Travel Grant, awarded Fall 2018 by the UCSC Graduate Student Association
- 2016-2017 UC Santa Cruz Music Department Outstanding TA Award, awarded by the Graduate Division, UC Santa Cruz
- 2017 Foreign Language and Area Studies Summer Language Fellowship, UC Berkeley Institute for South Asian Studies
- 2017 UC Santa Cruz Arts Dean’s Fund for Excellence Award Recipient
- 2016 Foreign Language and Area Studies Summer Language Fellowship, UC Berkeley Institute for South Asia Studies
- 2015 UC Santa Cruz Regent’s Fellowship, UCSC Graduate Division
- 2010 Brander Wyatt Morrison Prize, University of Virginia McIntire Department of Music for outstanding undergraduate contributions